Thursday, October 22, 2009

Still at it

So, it's Day Four of the Practicing His Presence Experiment, and I'm thoroughly convinced of one thing.

I really do too much without Jesus to be considered an excellent disciple.

Now, to review, Laura's assignment was to go through your morning routine experiencing the presence of God, recognizing that God is everywhere and has something to say to you throughout even the mundane tasks of your day.  I thought this would be great, since the bathroom is one of the holiest places in my house -- if you think about it, it's the only place I can get alone and talk with Jesus.  This has proven to be difficult.  It's not that I don't go through my morning routine thinking about Jesus; I do.  And it's not that I go through my morning routine not talking with the Creator of the universe; I do.

It's that the practice seems to end there.  I want the practice to carry over into the rest of my day.  Little by little, it is.  Little by little, I am working to recognize that Jesus promises to be with us always and everywhere.  In small chunks, I am claiming the promises of God over my life during my day.  But I want to be with Him more.

I've learned how to live my life without Him, and now I have to re-learn how to live if I want to live in the fullness of what He offers me.

No comments:

Post a Comment