Saturday, October 24, 2009

Microwave Christianity Sucks

Reading Practicing His Presence is deceiving.  What we read, in just a few pages, are the results of a journey that took Frank Laubach years to accomplish.  He did indeed draw closer to Jesus, inviting Him into more and more of his life.  But the process took months upon months to accomplish.

Relationships take time.

I am encouraged by that and at the same time frustrated.  I want to be so much closer to my Jesus, Who means so much to me.  It's just going to take time.  I'm trying to recognize Him more.  When I play with my children, I want to know He's there.  When I'm reading, I want to read with Him.  And I definitely want to hear more of what He says to me and about me.  But it's going to take time, more time than my morning routine will allow.

Oh, and Laura, I still can go through parts of my morning routine completely unaware of my Savior with me... sheesh...

No comments:

Post a Comment